Bringing PDO Threads to Paradise
The team at Paradise Medspa & Wellness is thrilled to offer PDO absorbable Thread Lift procedure to our clients. The PDO Thread Lift procedure safely and instantly lifts up loose skin on the face, neck and the body with minimal downtime.*
What are PDO Threads?
They are hypodermic needles preloaded with a PDO absorbable suture.
- Natural results
- No surgery, No pain
- Lunchtime procedure
- Uncontested for Neck & Jawline (but not limited to)
PDO absorbable suture?
- It’s a synthetic absorbable surgical suture composed of polydioxanone. PDO sutures are used to perform cardiothoracic surgery (such as open-heart surgery). It’s one of the safest materials to be implanted in the body.
- Your skin fully absorbs it within 4 to 6 months & won’t leave you with any scar tissue.
The Missing Piece for the Neck & Jaw
Although PDO Threads can be inserted almost anywhere, one area where they are especially effective is the neck and jawline. The lower third of the face is challenging to treat effectively with botulinum toxin or injectable fillers, which are most effective in the upper and middle third of the face, respectively.
Now our patients have a lunchtime procedure to bring on quick results for their jawline and neck.
How does it work? It’s amazingly simple, actually!
No cuts or incisions. Purely injections!
The PDO Threads are needles that are pre-loaded with a PDO thread. Simply insert the whole needle in the interstitial tissue at subdermal level, parallel to the surface of the skin, & pull the needle out. The PDO thread remains under the skin.
The medical term “Selective Inflammatory Response” is the principle behind a lot of aesthetic procedures (such as Fractional Laser, Chemical Peels & MicroNeedling). Our skin is very good at repairing itself, and by inserting PDO Threads we make it heal itself by creating new collagen, naturally!
Your skin gently reacts to the inserted threads
PDO Threads are fully absorbable, but that doesn’t mean your skin won’t react to it. During the 4 to 6 months needed to fully absorb the PDO suture, your skin is also repairing itself around it. It’s “controlled healing” happening underneath the skin!
Who is a good candidate for PDO Thread Lift?
For the right candidate, the Thread Lift can provide a pleasing, natural rejuvenation of the face with the benefit of no general anesthesia, rapid recovery and very minimal cost compared to a facelift or a necklift. Thread Lift may be combined with other, more minor surgical procedures, such as Botox, Injectable Fillers, Ultherapy, microneedling or skin resurfacing lasers.
Ideal candidates for thread lifts include:
- People with minimal signs of aging who need just a small lift. Good candidates are those patients who are starting to see some droopiness of the brow, cheeks, jowls and/or neck and would like to see a lift effect, but do not want the risk, scars, or recovery of a real browlift, facelift, or necklift operation.
- People who have had some relapse from a previous plastic surgery procedure such as a facelift or neck lift.
- People who do not wish to undergo a surgical facelift or necklift for various reasons such as not wanting a prolonged recovery of a stand facelift or do not wish to spend money on an expensive facelift.