If I’ve heard it once, I’ve heard it a thousand times; “I got this tattoo about 10 years ago, and I don’t know what I was thinking!” and then, “Can you help me?” I love to hear the interesting stories and see the incredible artwork that people have placed on their bodies. At the same time, my heart goes out to those who feel that they have had to live with something they feel embarrassed by, and spend time trying to hide or cover it up in social situations.
Over 45 million Americans have tattoos and about 20% of them regret having done so. The reasons are limitless; for some individuals it’s due to change in employment, relationship status, or life changes. For others, they just chose a sub-par artist and would like to have their tattoo lightened so they can replace it with one that is more aesthetically pleasing.
History of Tattoo Removal
In the past, options for tattoo removal involved one or more of the following treatments:
- – acid removal
- – excision
- – dermabrasion
These methods not only did a poor job, but damaged the surrounding tissue leaving unsightly discoloration and/or scars.
Advancements in Technology
Thanks to advancements in technology, lasers offer safe, fast and effective tattoo removal. Basically, the pigment (ink) is targeted with a laser beam which shatters it into smaller molecules that are absorbed and eliminated through the body’s lymphatic system.
Not All Tattoo Removal Lasers Are Equal
But don’t be fooled; not all tattoo removal lasers are created equal! The RevLite SI is able to remove tattoos by delivering high energy evenly over the skin’s surface with a nanosecond pulse dispersion. All of this means that multi-colored tattoos can be removed with greater efficacy and comfort with no unwanted side effects.
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Here are some things you’ll want to know about the tattoo removal procedure:
- – Typically 8 to 12 treatments are needed. If you are just looking to lighten your tattoo so that new artwork can replace it, only a few treatments may be necessary to achieve the desired result.
- – The cost varies based on the size of the tattoo and can typically range anywhere from $45 to $850 per treatment.
- – Treatments are scheduled every 4–6 weeks.
- – The sensation feels similar to getting a tattoo. While not required, cooling, local anesthesia, or a numbing cream may be used to help minimize discomfort.
What to Expect with Tattoo Removal
Here’s what you can expect after your tattoo removal procedure:
- – Redness and swelling in the treatment area are common, but this usually resolves itself within 24 to 48 hours.
- – The treated area needs to be kept covered and exposure to the sun should be avoided at all times.
The Physicians at Paradise Medspa & Wellness select only the best equipment in order to deliver superior results to our patients. Now that we have purchased the RevLite Laser and added Tattoo Removal to our services menu, we would love the opportunity to help erase the mistake(s) from your past! The procedure is safe, effective and fast! Call us today to schedule your FREE consultation at (602) 266-8144.
Janet Fales, L.E., L.T.